Some budget setups only require a simple chart of accounts.
Some require formulas as well.
And some need to include non-financial drivers and assumptions both as inputs to formulas, but also to be included in the budget in their own right.
Budgyt can accommodate any number of these Non-Financial inputs and these may be viewed and edited in the Data Sheet in exactly the same way as your GL Accounts.
Also, you can build Custom Dashboards to display these non financials and KPIs. To learn more about Custom Dashboards, click here.
For instance you may have a number of Key Performance Indicators that you like to keep track of, and use in building your financial budgets. By creating a group with the Non-Financial Mapping Identifier, you can view them all side by side.
- go to Settings > Manage Groups > Add New
- name your group - perhaps Assumptions - KPIs would be appropriate (we always try to clearly distinguish our non financial groups and categories by the names we choose)
- Choose a Header, there is a default header called Non-Financial, but you may create your own under Manage Headers.
- As your Mapping Identifier choose Non Financial. This tells Budgyt that any categories in this group will be non financial, and will therefore not appear in the regular P+L Dashboards.
- Make sure to check the Active box.
- Now you can add categories to this group (Settings > Manage Categories > Add New) - we suggest giving them category codes beginning with a letter, to indicate that they are outside of the chart of accounts.
- You may build formulas using these categories as inputs, for example, perhaps you have one category for Subscriber Numbers, and one for Subscription Rate, and you want to multiply them to give you a subscription number that can be reflected in your financials. Click here to learn more about formulas.