Manually importing data via import type, "General Ledger Import Periods as Columns" includes three options:
- Append Data - Import will only add data to the target budget from the CSV file for selected periods. No data will be deleted.
- Delete all Data and Import - Import will first delete all data in target budget for selected periods and replace with data in the CSV file. No Formulas or Employee Module data will be changed.
- Find/Replace data with matching accounts - Import will find and replace only the data in the Target budget in any accounts/categories that match those in the CSV file for selected periods. No other data will be changed and no Formulas or Employee Module data will be changed.
No matter which option you choose above it will not overwrite any formulas (C2C, FOAs or Rules) nor will it affect the Employee Module. It will simply add, delete or find/replace a sub-category row for each category in the CSV file.
Manually importing data via import type, "General Ledger Import Periods as Row" to import your data includes two options:
- Overwrite Check box checked - If checked, Import will overwrite all the data in the target budget for the selected periods.
- Overwrite check box unchecked - If left unchecked, Import will add data to the target budget for the selected periods.
This import will not allow data to be imported to Budgets that contain any formulas. This is to prevent budgets being inadvertently overwritten with Actual data.